In our “Instead of New Year’s Resolutions” blog post, we shared some ideas to help make goals that will stick, rather than striving for major resolutions that could seem overwhelming. One way to start your 2020 off on the right foot and think about ways to make improvements is to set intentions. We’ve set 6 of our own intentions that we’d like to put into motion, to make this new decade one of the best ones yet!
1. Foster a sense of calm in our lives. Living in such a busy city, it can be easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life. We want to become more centered and have calm weaved into our every day lives. One amazingly effective way to do this is creating art!
2. Laugh more. Laughing is a great way to release and connect with people we love. Any chance we get, we’re going to spend time making our friends and family laugh, to bring more smiles and love!
3. Challenge ourselves. It’s a great feeling when you get really good at something, like writing, or math, or art. We want to continue to push ourselves to be the best we can be, even if it means that sometimes, we feel like we have a lot more to learn before we can do our best! Practice, practice, practice is key.
4. Make new friends. Whether we’re at school, an after-school activity, or a birthday party, there are so many opportunities to meet new people and develop new friendships. It can be a little scary to talk to someone that you don’t know, but as we push ourselves outside our comfort zones and extend a handshake to someone new, we can find that our openness will welcome awesome new people into our lives!
5. Try out a new hobby. There’s so many different types of classes and fun activities to explore, especially at Kids at Art! Taking one of our holiday art workshops is a great opportunity to try a new form of art. Who knows what talent or exciting new activity you’ll discover by trying something new?
6. Finding a new mantra. Mantras are statements or words that we can repeat to ourselves, to help us find mindfulness. You can create your own mantra, or you can use a quote or word that resonates with you. Whichever you choose, finding and repeating a mantra is a wonderful way to stay balanced, calm, and open. Our personal favorite? “Everything happens right on schedule.” This helps remind us to breathe and realize that everything is happening just as it should.
Are you setting intentions for 2020? We want to hear about them! Share with us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.